About the Summer Institutes
First courses begin May 30, 2023 but courses of different lengths (from one day to two weeks) are offered throughout the summer.
Spend a day or several weeks learning all things public health at the Johns Hopkins Institutes of Public Health this summer -- either onsite at our Baltimore campus or online from the comfort of your own home! This summer, the Bloomberg School will offer many of its Summer Institute courses onsite in Baltimore, but will continue to offer many courses entirely virtually, so that participants from all over the world can access the essential public health information in these courses, without needing to travel. In the information-rich, engaging environment of the Summer Institutes courses, participants gain practical knowledge to impact real-world public health concerns.
Working professionals with busy schedules or students looking to pick up some extra credits may choose from more than 100+ courses taught by leaders in public health.
The Summer Institutes give you the time you need to enjoy the summer and the flexibility to continue your educational and career goals. From current health care policy to epidemiological research to disease eradication and more—there’s a topic to fulfill your interests.
- Online and onsite courses
- Course vary in length, for maximum flexibility
- 100+ courses span many topics
- Credit or non-credit classes
- World-renowned faculty
- Open Admissions
All courses are available for academic credit, but participants can choose to take courses not-for-credit for a reduced cost.
The Summer Institutes are organized by individual departments within the Bloomberg School. Students can take courses in multiple institutes or focus exclusively on one department’s offerings.
You may view the Johns Hopkins University COVID-19 protocols. Thank you in advance for your adherence to the Bloomberg School’s important health and safety protocols.
Updated May 17, 2023
Why Summer Institutes?
with public health leaders.
real-world concerns and solutions.
your career goals.
Explore the Summer Institutes
- Center for Injury Research and Policy Summer Institute
- Gender and Health Summer Institute NEW in 2023!
- Global Health Systems Summer Institute
- Graduate Summer Institute of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Health, Behavior and Society Summer Institute
- Health Emergencies in Large Populations
- Health Policy and Management Summer Institute
- Johns Hopkins Center for Indigenous Health Summer Institute
- Summer Institute in Bioethics
- Summer Institute in Data to Policy in Population, Family and Reproductive Health
- Summer Institute in Environmental Health and Engineering
- Summer Institute in Mental Health Research
- Summer Institute in Tropical Medicine and Public Health
With over 100 courses available, there is sure to be a course for everyone.