Accelerated Learning Institutes
The Bloomberg School offers opportunities for year-round learning. In addition to the courses available in the regular terms, JHSPH offers a wide variety of condensed courses in Baltimore, other attractive destinations, and online through our Johns Hopkins Institutes of Public Health.
Institute courses are short (one day to three weeks in length), offered in January, over the Summer, and in November and can be taken for academic credit (resulting in an official transcript from JHSPH) or not for credit (at a reduced cost). Whether you wish to take a course on campus or online, we offer a variety of options to meet your continuing education needs.
Institute courses attract a very diverse group of professionals and students. They appeal to working professionals, public health practitioners, as well as individuals just beginning to explore the field of public health. Students enrolled in public health degree programs (at the Bloomberg School or elsewhere) can take Institute courses to fulfill academic coursework requirements.
Institute courses have the same academic rigor and same world-class faculty as regular term courses, but the courses are compressed to take place in fewer days. Courses vary in length from one day to three weeks, depending on the number of credits and the requirements of the particular course.
- Center for Injury Research and Policy Summer Institute
- Graduate Summer Institute of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Health Behavior and Society Summer Institute
- Health Emergencies in Large Populations
- Health Policy and Management Summer Institute
- Health Systems Institute
- Johns Hopkins Center for American Indian Health Summer Institute
- Summer Institute in Bioethics
- Summer Institute in Data to Policy in Population, Family and Reproductive Health
- Summer Institute in Environmental Health and Engineering
- Summer Institute in Mental Health Research
- Summer Institute in Tropical Medicine and Public Health