About the Public Health Informatics Certificate Program
The goal of the Public Health Informatics (PHI) Certificate Program is to offer grounding in methods and concepts of health informatics and health information technology for application to public health and population health. It is designed for current and future public health professionals who wish to develop PHI expertise or specialization to work in policy or management.
After completion of the certificate program, students will be able to:
- Articulate strategic direction for public health informatics within an organization;
- Match data standards to their proper use;
- Identify knowledge, information, and data needs of project or program users and stakeholders;
- Describe information system development, procurement, and implementation that meets public health program needs;
- Evaluate information systems and applications;
- Recognize use of informatics to integrate clinical health, environmental risk, and population health; and
- Implement solutions that assure confidentiality, security, and integrity while maximizing availability of information for public health.
Admissions Instructions for JHU Degree Students
Students already enrolled in graduate degree programs at JHU are not required to complete the School's electronic admissions application, but must submit the declaration of intent form prior to starting coursework.
Admissions Instructions for Individuals Not Enrolled in a Degree Program at JHU
Non-degree applicants are required to apply to certificate programs using SOPHAS Express.
English Language Proficiency Test Results
Results are required.
Prerequisites or special requirements
Information regarding the cost of tuition and fees can be found on the Bloomberg School's Certificate Programs Tuition page.
Financial Aid Eligibility: U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents enrolled in this certificate program may be eligible to apply for Title IV financial aid. Please contact the JHU Office of Student Enrollment and Account Management (SEAM) for more information.