About This Program
The certificate program in Global Health Practice is geared towards early-to mid-career health professionals in the public, private, and NGO sectors. The certificate program will provide students with an overview of the basic components of global or international health, including health systems, health information, epidemiology/disease control, maternal and child health, and social, cultural, and behavioral factors in health and disease. This innovative program prepares students from diverse personal and professional backgrounds to organize, lead, and support effective global health practice initiatives across the globe.
Upon completion of the Certificate program in Global Health Practice, the individual will acquire skills necessary to:
- Apply capacity building processes to global health programming in low and middle-income countries;
- Identify and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders whose active participation is required for successful global health programming at the community, sub-national, national and regional levels;
- Apply ethical reasoning to the policy and programming decisions needed for designing and implementing global health programs in low and middle-income countries;
- Exhibit a health equity and social justice lens in the design and conduct of global health programs;
- Apply appropriate management processes in the design, implementation and evaluation of global health programs;
- Demonstrate social, cultural and political awareness of the context in which global health programming takes place;
- Conduct strategic analysis of factors that influence the success of global health programming.
Individuals who are currently matriculated in a degree program in the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health or other schools at the Johns Hopkins University are not eligible for this certificate program. The certificate program is open to individuals with at least a baccalaureate degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
Applying to the certificate program as a non-degree applicant
Applicants are required to apply to certificate programs using SOPHAS Express. The certificate program's admissions committee will review the applications and notify each applicant of their admissions decision.
For more information about the certificate program, please call 844-379-1319 to speak with an admissions officer.
Prerequisites or special requirements
2+ years post-baccalaureate health-related experience in or focusing on low and middle income countries or under-served populations
Information regarding the cost of tuition and fees can be found on the Bloomberg School's Certificate Programs Tuition page.
Questions about the program? We're happy to help.
Please email email@example.com or call 844-379-1319.
Certificate Program Adviser
William Brieger, DrPH
Professor, and Program Director for Certificate and MAS programs in Global Health
For Program-wide Issues
Elizabeth Topper Golub, PhD, MEd, MPH
Director, Online Programs for Applied Learning (OPAL)