Inclusion, Diversity, Anti-Racism, and Equity (IDARE)
The School’s Strategic Plan prioritizes the cultivation of a diverse, inclusive, and nurturing environment for students, faculty, staff, and the community.
This means striving to be an institution where all people, especially those who are historically marginalized, disenfranchised, or excluded, can thrive. But meaningful change and impact necessitates bold action and investments. Our schoolwide Inclusion, Diversity, Anti-Racism, and Equity Action Plan identifies strategies for creating an anti-racist environment where we fuel our creativity and excellence by cultivating a more equitable, inclusive, and socially just community.
This strategy acknowledges the importance of:
- Being a model for IDARE among schools of public health;
- Committing ALL of us to actively work towards IDARE and not solely relying on members of our Black community, Indigenous Peoples, and people of color;
- Ensuring adequate resources for advancing IDARE;
- Integrating IDARE as a fundamental thread throughout the work of our School.
These priorities are only the beginning of our journey to advance systemic, structural, and cultural change. We ask every member of our community to embrace these priorities and contribute to our efforts in support of IDARE.
The Office of IDARE
The Office of Inclusion, Diversity, Anti-Racism, and Equity (IDARE) supports efforts to dismantle structural oppression and racist policies and practices within the Bloomberg School, our community, and public health. Visit the IDARE Office to find additional information such as:
- Our School's land acknowledgement
- Recent IDARE messages
- IDARE-related resources
- Ongoing IDARE initiatives
- Contact information
Our academic departments conduct a variety of IDARE-related activities. Visit the departments to learn more.