About this Program
The Bachelor's/MHS in Global Health Economics is designed exclusively for undergraduate students currently enrolled at Johns Hopkins University (JHU).
JHU undergraduate students have the unique opportunity to seek early admission to the MHS degree. The combined Bachelor's/MHS in Global Health Economics program focuses on how health economic principles and applied health cases from around the world are used to address global issues such as migration, displaced persons, climate change, vaccine access, injuries, and pandemics. Students will also learn how health economics can be used to promote healthy lifestyles, positive health outcomes, and equitable access to care.. Students in this program will receive co-advising from both schools to optimize their academic experience.
To learn more, please review the specific program details for the MHS in Global Health Economics.
Admissions Requirements and Eligibility
Bachelor's/MHS in Global Health Economics degree applications should be submitted through SOPHAS Express by July 1 between junior and senior years.
Please note that admitted students must complete their Bachelor's degree before formally matriculating in the Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Eligible Majors: Public Health Studies or Economics
Undergraduate students applying must have completed the following coursework and have received a B or higher on each of the following:
- AS 280.380 Global Health Principles and Practice
- AS 280.345 Public Health Biostatistics or EN 553.311 Probability and Statistics for the Biological Sciences and Engineering
- AS 280.350 Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- AS 180.101 Elements of Microeconomics
- AS 180.301 Intermediate Microeconomics (or its advanced equivalent 180.434)
Applicants must submit the following:
- Transcripts from Johns Hopkins University and, if applicable, transcripts from any other college-level institutions you have attended*
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose and objectives
*Please send an official transcript to the Admissions Services Office at:
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
615 N. Wolfe St., Ste. E1002
Baltimore, MD 21205
For more information on the Bachelor's/MHS in Global Health Economics program, contact Audrey Lindahl (email@example.com).