Diversity and Inclusion
IDARE Within International Health
The Department of International Health is committed to and centered on creating a culture which supports inclusion, diversity, anti-racism and equity values and principles, supported by our strategic plan. Within the Department, the Associate Chair for IDARE provides leadership in elevating a culture that supports IDARE values within the Department. The Associate Chair sits on the Department Leadership Committee and the School-wide Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Civility (CDEC). The current associate chair for IDARE within the Department of International Health is Rosemary Morgan, PhD.
Structures within the Department to promote IDARE include an IH-IDARE Working Group which meets quarterly, and a smaller IH-IDARE Steering Group which meets once a month. There are representatives across IH programs, centers, and positions within the Working and Steering groups. To join the Working or Steering group, contact Rosemary Morgan at email@example.com.
IDARE Working and Steering Group Commitment
IH-IDARE Working and Steering Groups are committed to elevating and promoting a culture that supports inclusion, diversity, anti-racism, equity, and decolonization within the Department of International Health through ensuring a culture of IDARE is woven into all education, research, policy, practice, and procedural initiatives within the Department. We are inclusive of the Black community, Indigenous peoples, People of Color (BIPOC), sexual and gender minorities, and people with disabilities.
Inclusion, Diversity, Anti-Racism, and Equity
IDARE at JHSPH
The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health has established an Office of Inclusion, Diversity, Anti-Racism, and Equity (IDARE) to act as a resource and support for prioritizing the cultivation of a diverse, inclusive, and nurturing environment for students, faculty, and staff. The Office of IDARE has developed an IDARE Action Plan, which complements the framework and eight priorities that aim to address racism and build an anti-racist culture within our School community.
IH-IDARE Email Address
We have an email address specifically related to IDARE within the Department. This email is a place to allow people to confidentially raise any concerns or issues related to IDARE. It can also be used to forward ideas related to activities, trainings, etc. Any email sent to this address will be kept confidential unless explicit permission is given. The email address is: IH-IDARE@jhu.edu.
Reporting Discrimination and Harassment at JHSPH
- Through the OIE you can report cases of discrimination and harassment, cases of sexual misconduct, and issues related to religious accommodations.
- OIE is not a confidential resource, however, it is discreet and only shares information necessary to respond to reports, carry out its assessments and investigations, and comply with applicable law.
- Safe@Hopkins includes a 24-hour/seven-day-a-week compliance hotline, which can be accessed both online or by phone at 844-SPEAK2US (844-773-2528).
- While Safe@Hopkins is for reporting unethical and illegal acts (broadly defined), suspected cases of discrimination and/or harassment can be reported here.
- Safe@Hopkins also provides the option to report anonymously.