Vision and Mission
Protecting Health, Saving Lives—Millions at a Time
The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health is dedicated to the improvement of health for all people through the discovery, dissemination, and translation of knowledge, and the education of a diverse global community of research scientists, public health professionals, and others in positions to advance the public’s health.
- Excellence, integrity, diversity, and civility in all of our activities and initiatives
- Social justice, health equity, and engaged citizenship
- Scholarship, critical thinking, innovation and scientific rigor
- Discovery, dissemination, and translation of knowledge into sustainable, evidence-informed public health programs and policies at the local, national and international levels
- Collaboration and capacity building with communities and public health practitioners
- Education of current and future public health leaders who will embrace these values in their research and practice, adhering to the tenets of the International Declaration of Health Rights
The Bloomberg School is dedicated to improving the world—
starting with its own community.
We strive to protect the health and well-being of our students, faculty and staff, and foster an environment where everyone feels respected and valued. We're moving our mission forward alongside key commitments to our community, on campus, and to Baltimore.