News and Events
Wednesday Seminars 2022-2023
12:15 - 1:20 p.m. – Hybrid Seminars
W2030 and Zoom
Join us for exciting and engaging weekly seminars led by experts, covering important public health topics.
Contact PFRH-Communications if you have any questions.
When available, recordings to past events will be uploaded within three business days.
Past Seminars 2022-2023
When available, recordings of our past seminars are uploaded in this section.
02/16/2023- Leaping the hurdles and navigating the maze: Grant writing tips for research funding, an NIH perspective
01/25/2023 - Using Population-Based Surveys to Understand the Maternity Care Experience of Women in Ethiopia: Evidence from PMA Ethiopia
11-16-2022 - Advancing inclusivity for students with LGBTQ identities through school-based approaches
11/09/2022 - Support through Separation: Justice-Involved Women and their Children in Evidence-Based Home Visiting Programs: Insights from Frontline Staff
This was part four of a four-part webinar series organized by the National University Collaborative on the Health of Justice-Involved Women and Children (JIWC). This webinar was sponsored by the Johns Hopkins Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health.
Alyssa Silver, Home visiting Program Supervisor, and Gretchen O’Brien, Family Support Worker, shared their experiences serving justice-involved women and children in their program, highlight the unique challenges these families face, and put forth their vision for a home visiting approach to best meet the needs of these families.
Dylan Jackson, PhD, MS
Department of Population, Family and Reprodcutive Health
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
09/14/2022 - Stories of our Faculty - PART II
- Saifuddin Ahmed, MBBS, PhD, Professor
- Alison Gemmill, PhD, MPH, Assistant Professor
- Erin Hager, PhD, Associate Professor
- Anne Lilly, MSPH, Research Associate
- Tamar Mendelson, PhD, Professor
- Farah Qureshi, ScD, MHS, Assistant Professor
- Astha Ramaiya, DrPH, Research Associate
- Xiaobin Wang, MD, ScD, MPH, Professor
- Allison West, PhD, MSW, Assistant Professor
- Shannon Wood, PhD, MSc, Assistant Scientist
09/07/2022 - Stories of our Faculty - PART I
- Phil Anglewicz, PhD, MA, Associate Professor
- Suzanne Bell, PhD, MPH, Assistant Professor
- Christina Bethell, PhD, MPH, MBA, Professor
- Carolina Cardona, PhD, MHS, Assistant Scientist
- Beth Fredrick, Senior Associate
- Susan Gross, PhD, MPH, Associate Scientist
- Celia Karp, PhD, Assistant Scientist
- Tamar Mendelson, PhD, MA, Professor
- Terri Powell, PhD, MA, Associate Professor
- Maria Trent, MD, MPH, Professor
E-News Winter 2022
Explore department highlights, new accolades, events, and opportunities in PRFH's most recent E-News newsletter.