Kristin Mmari, DrPH, MA, assesses contextual factors and interventions influencing adolescent health in vulnerable adolescent populations, domestically and internationally.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Mmari, K., Mendelson, T, Blum, R, Catalano R., and Brindis, C. “Opportunity Youth: Insights and opportunities for a public health approach”. Public Health Reports 2018; 10.1177/0033354918799344 (special supplement for the Bloomberg American Health Initiative)
- Mmari, K, Moreau C, Gibb S, et al. “Yea I’ve Grown; I can’t go out anymore”: Perceived risks for girls and boys entering adolescence. Culture, Health, and Sexuality 2017; DOI:10.1080/13691058.2017.1382718
- Mmari, K., Kalamar, A. Brahmbhatt H, and Venables E. “The Influence of the Family on Adolescent Sexual Behavior: A Comparison between Baltimore and Johannesberg.” PLOS One 2016 11 (1). http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0166032
- Mmari, K., Lantos, H*, Blum, R., et al. “A Global Study on the Influence of Neighborhood Contextual Factors on Adolescent Health”. Journal of Adolescent Health 2014: S13-S20. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2014.08.023
- Mmari, K., Blum, R., Sonenstein, F. “Adolescents perceptions of Health from Disadvantaged Urban Environments: Findings from the Wave Study.” Social Science and Medicine 2014; 104:124-132.