Skip to main content
Student Accounts and Business Services

Student Accounts FAQs

How do I retrieve my user name or password?

Contact the Information Technology help desk at 410-955-HELP (4357) for assistance with your JHED account.

How do I set up an Authorized User to pay my account?

Log in to SIS and select Authorized User under the Billing tab. It is your responsibility to share the assigned login and password with additional viewers.

Will I be notified if I have a bill online?

An email notification will be sent to your Johns Hopkins email address when a bill is available to view. If for some reason you don't receive an email notification, you are still responsible for paying your balance due by the payment due date of each billing period to avoid a late payment fee.

How do I view or pay my bill?

You may view/pay your student account balance in SIS. All billing activity is located in the Summary section located under the Billing tab. 

How do I view or pay my student's bill if I am an authorized user?

You may view/pay your student’s account balance at SIS by using the login designated for you by the student.

Can I pay a bill over the phone?

No. Please use one of the following payment options:

Wire Transfer

Johns Hopkins University

M&T Bank

1 M&T Plaza

Buffalo, NY 14203

Transit/Routing/ABA# 022000046

Depository Account umber: 970370230

Please include student's name and 6-character student ID (SIS ID) on all wire transfers. The Swift Code for overseas wires is MANTUS33INT.


JHU Payment Processing

Garland Hall B33

3400 North Charles Street

Baltimore, MD 21218

In Person

Suite W1101, 9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday

Conveya For International Payments

Johns Hopkins University has engaged Conveya to facilitate the receipt of student fees by the Johns Hopkins University from international students. This payment option allows students to pay the university their student account balance in the currency of your choice and provides a simple and secure method for initiating payments electronically. We encourage all international students to choose this cost effective and efficient method of payment to the Johns Hopkins University.

Do I have to pay my balance in full?

The University must receive the full AMOUNT DUE by the due date. If full payment is not received by this date registration and continuing enrollment may be denied. If JHU accepts payments that contain or reflect "paid in full", or other restrictive endorsements, JHU does not lose any of its rights to collect any amount due.

Can I pay in installments?

No. The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health does not offer payment plans/installment methods of payment.

What is FERPA law?
How do I set up a third-party payer for my account?

Students with third party payers—outside organizations sponsoring some or all of their tuition and fees—are required to submit documentation and complete a brief acknowledgement section on SIS Self Service. For detailed instructions and information, see This website includes information on how to upload the required documentation, along with FAQs and contact information for the JHU Third-Party Payer team.

Letter of Authorization from the Sponsor includes:

  1. Student’s name
  2. Student’s ID#
  3. Terms employer is covering
  4. Charges they will be responsible for
  5. Address where to send the bill
  6. Contact person’s name and telephone #
  7. Signature of appropriate officer (H.R., supervisor, etc . . .)
  8. Purchase order if required by employer
Can my employer pay at the end of the semester?

Employer reimbursement is not a method of payment for registration. You must make a personal payment at the time of registration and wait for your reimbursement from your employer.

How do I pay via tuition remission?

If you are a JHU employee participating in the JHU tuition remission benefit plan, please note the following:

  • Eligible faculty, staff and bargaining unit members:
    • Should submit an initial application through our employee tuition platform, EdAssist.  
    • Remission will now cover some required fees, go the JHU Benefits site for more info
    • Submit the Bright Horizons EdAssist Application Payment Processed email to Student Accounts using SEAM’s online form for payment processing
    • Need an invoice to submit to Bright Horizons/EdAssist? Just login to SIS self-service  and view/print your monthly statement(s) that contain the course info you need. Multiple statements can be submitted to Bright Horizons.
  • Eligible Spouse, Domestic Partner, Dependent Children and Retirees:
    • Should go to the JHU Benefits site to find the appropriate JHU tuition remission application
    • Should submit the JHU tuition remission benefit application to Student Accounts using SEAM’s online form for payment processing
  • Remission applications will not be accepted after December 15th for courses taken during the current calendar year
  • If the remission does not cover the entire cost of tuition, you are required to pay the remaining balance at the time of registration.
  • You can select the monthly payment plan to pay for tuition not covered by the tuition remission benefit or choose to be electronically billed.
  • Allow 7-10 days from submission to SEAM for your remission to reflect on your student account
  • Please note that students are financially responsible for dropped courses paid for with tuition remission. Students receiving tuition remission benefits from JHU should read the contract carefully, as you must complete the class to retain benefits.
  • Contact the Benefits Service Center at 410-516-2000 or to address any additional questions.
Am I required to have major medical insurance?

The School requires all students in a full-time degree program to have health coverage from matriculation to degree conferral. At the beginning of the academic year, all students in a full-time degree program are automatically enrolled in our Student Health Program. Students who have a waiver option who wish to waive enrollment in our Student Health Program must do so during Open Enrollment. Waivers are in effect for one year. Only providers that offer coverage for medical services rendered in the State of Maryland are considered acceptable alternates. For more information regarding your health insurance, please visit Student Affairs or submit a SEAM case.