- Abston ED, Barin JG, Cihakova D, Bucek A, Coronado MJ, Brandt JE, Bedja D, Kim JB, Georgakopoulos D, Gabrielson KL, Mitzner W, and Fairweather D. IL-33 independently induces eosinophilic pericarditis and cardiac dilation: ST2 improves cardiac function. Circulation Heart failure 5: 366-375, 2012.
- Abston ED, Coronado MJ, Bucek A, Onyimba JA, Brandt JE, Frisancho JA, Kim E, Bedja D, Sung YK, Radtke AJ, Gabrielson KL, Mitzner W, and Fairweather D. TLR3 deficiency induces chronic inflammatory cardiomyopathy in resistant mice following coxsackievirus B3 infection: role for IL-4. American journal of physiology Regulatory, integrative and comparative physiology 304: R267-277, 2013.
- Alder JK, Guo N, Kembou F, Parry EM, Anderson CJ, Gorgy AI, Walsh MF, Sussan T, Biswal S, Mitzner W, Tuder RM, and Armanios M. Telomere length is a determinant of emphysema susceptibility. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 184: 904-912, 2011.
- Bennett BA, Mitzner W, and Tankersley CG. The effects of age and carbon black on airway resistance in mice. Inhalation toxicology 24: 931-938, 2012.
- Bishai JM, and Mitzner W. Effect of severe calorie restriction on the lung in two strains of mice. American journal of physiology 295: L356-362, 2008.
- Brown RH, Kaczka DW, Fallano K, Shapiro S, and Mitzner W. Individual canine airway response variability to a deep inspiration. Clin Med Insights Circ Respir Pulm Med 5: 7-15, 2011.
- Brown RH, Kaczka DW, and Mitzner W. Effect of parenchymal stiffness on canine airway size with lung inflation. PLoS One 5: e10332, 2010.
- Chang HY, and Mitzner W. Sex differences in mouse models of asthma. Canadian journal of physiology and pharmacology 85: 1226-1235, 2007.
- Chang HY, Mitzner W, and Watson J. Variation in airway responsiveness of male C57BL/6 mice from 5 vendors. Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science : JAALAS 51: 401-406, 2012.
- Cheng RY, Shang Y, Limjunyawong N, Dao T, Das S, Rabold R, Sham JS, Mitzner W, and Tang WY. Alterations of the lung methylome in allergic airway hyper-responsiveness. Environmental and molecular mutagenesis 55: 244-255, 2014.
- Craig JM, Scott AL, and Mitzner W. Elastase-coupled beads as a tool for characterizing localized alveolar tissue destruction associated with the onset of emphysema. J Appl Physiol 2013.
- Das S, Macdonald K, Chang HY, and Mitzner W. A simple method of mouse lung intubation. Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE 2013.
- Fallica J, Boyer L, Kim B, Serebreni L, Varela L, Hamdan O, Wang L, Simms T, Damarla M, Kolb TM, Bucala R, Mitzner W, Hassoun PM, and Damico R. Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor (MIF) is a Novel Determinant of Cigarette Smoke-induced Lung Damage. American journal of respiratory cell and molecular biology 2014.
- Fallica J, Das S, Horton M, and Mitzner W. Application of carbon monoxide diffusing capacity in the mouse lung. J Appl Physiol 110: 1455-1459, 2011.
- Jarrard J, Wizeman B, Brown RH, and Mitzner W. A theoretical model of the application of RF energy to the airway wall and its experimental validation. Biomed Eng Online 9: 81, 2010.
- McGrath-Morrow SA, Lauer T, Collaco JM, Yee M, O'Reilly M, Mitzner W, Neptune E, Wise R, and Biswal S. Neonatal hyperoxia contributes additively to cigarette smoke-induced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease changes in adult mice.
- American journal of respiratory cell and molecular biology 45: 610-616, 2011.
- Mitzner W. Emphysema--a disease of small airways or lung parenchyma? The New England journal of medicine 365: 1637-1639, 2011.
- Mitzner W, and Smaldone G. Last word on viewpoint: unresolved mysteries. J Appl Physiol 113: 1950, 2012.
- Podowski M, Calvi C, Metzger S, Misono K, Poonyagariyagorn H, Lopez-Mercado A, Ku T, Lauer T, McGrath-Morrow S, Berger A, Cheadle C, Tuder R, Dietz HC, Mitzner W, Wise R, and Neptune E. Angiotensin receptor blockade attenuates cigarette smoke-induced lung injury and rescues lung architecture in mice. The Journal of clinical investigation 122: 229-240, 2012.
- Reddy NM, Vegiraju S, Irving A, Paun BC, Luzina IG, Atamas SP, Biswal S, Ana NA, Mitzner W, and Reddy SP. Targeted deletion of Jun/AP-1 in alveolar epithelial cells causes progressive emphysema and worsens cigarette smoke-induced lung inflammation. The American journal of pathology 180: 562-574, 2012.
- Shang Y, Das S, Rabold R, Sham JS, Mitzner W, and Tang WY. Epigenetic Alterations by DNA Methylation in House-Dust-Mite Induced Airway Hyperresponsiveness. American journal of respiratory cell and molecular biology 2013.
- Smaldone GC, and Mitzner W. Viewpoint: unresolved mysteries. J Appl Physiol 113: 1945-1947, 2012.
- Soutiere SE, and Mitzner W. On defining total lung capacity in the mouse. J Appl Physiol 96: 1658-1664, 2004.
- Soutiere SE, Tankersley CG, and Mitzner W. Differences in alveolar size in inbred mouse strains. Respiratory physiology & neurobiology 140: 283-291, 2004.
- Zhang H, Wong CC, Wei H, Gilkes DM, Korangath P, Chaturvedi P, Schito L, Chen J, Krishnamachary B, Winnard PT, Jr., Raman V, Zhen L, Mitzner WA, Sukumar S, and Semenza GL. HIF-1-dependent expression of angiopoietin-like 4 and L1CAM mediates vascular metastasis of hypoxic breast cancer cells to the lungs. Oncogene 31: 1757-1770, 2012.