Day At The Market
Day at the Market
The Northeast Market is where Johns Hopkins meets the community. EHE's Community Outreach and Engagement program provides access to Johns Hopkins expertise and care to communities throughout Baltimore and Maryland. Our goal is to improve the ability of everyone to have access to health education and screenings, learn disease prevention, early detection, and treatment.
Market Day gives our faculty, staff, students, and researchers an opportunity to share their expertise, learn from community members, and deepen their connection with community partners.
What We Do
WHERE: Northeast Market, 2101 E. Monument St., Baltimore, 21205
WHEN: Second and last Wednesday of the month, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Health education programs that cover healthy eating, physical activity, cancer prevention and more
- Health screenings
- Distribution of COVID-19 prevention supplies
Additional market days are usually centered on one topic.
WHEN: First Tuesday of the month, 12 to 1:30 p.m., occasional Saturdays from 12 to 2 p.m. A schedule of special events is posted at the market.
- Job readiness
- Voter registration
- Census questionnaires
- Disaster preparedness
- Energy savings
- Healthy food cooking demonstrations
- Expert advice: Ask a Pharmacist, Ask a Doctor
- Research: Study volunteers, study results
Why The Markets?
Baltimore Public Markets have a long history in Baltimore and they remain central points for commerce and gathering. Our presence in the market allows us to engage with the community in a personal and meaningful way.
In 2018, we expanded our Day at the Market Program to Lexington Market in partnership with the University of Maryland Medical Center. Together, we bring health, nutrition, and exercise resources to the patrons at Lexington Market.
Day at the Market Sponsors
- Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Environmental Health and Engineering
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology
- Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Johns Hopkins Hospital - Office of Government and Community Affairs
- Baltimore Public Markets Corporation
We distribute COVID-19 related information and supplies, including hand soap, hand sanitizer, and masks. To support this effort, you may write a check to: Bloomberg School of Public Health External Affairs and direct its use to Day at the Market.
Mail it to:
Bloomberg School of Public Health
External Affairs, E2132
Attention: Yolanda Tillett
615 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205
Barbara Bates-Hopkins, Community Relations Coordinator
Norma Kanarek, PhD, MPH, Associate Professor