Application Fee Waiver
A limited number of application fee waivers are available for applicants to Biostatistics graduate programs who meet additional eligibility criteria. The application fee waivers are available only to cover the primary application fee within the SOPHAS system; secondary application fee waivers are not available.
Applicants may request a fee waiver by completing the 2023-2024 Application Fee Waiver Request Form and submitting this to Mary Joy Argo, at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “SOPHAS Fee Waiver for Biostatistics”. Waivers must be requested by November 18, 2022, except for Vivien Thomas Scholars Initiative applicants, for whom the deadline to request a waiver is November 15, 2022.
Please note: fee waivers must be issued before submitting your application. We cannot issue reimbursements for the application fee.
Applicants are eligible for an application fee waiver for:
- Documented financial hardship - or -
- Documentation of the following:
- Participation in the Annual Biomedical Research Conferences for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Participation in the Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Participation in the Diversity Summer Internship Program (DSIP) at the Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Participation in a MathAlliance career event or program (e.g. F-GAP)
- Participation in a Summer Institute for Biostatistics (SIBS) Program
- Participation in an Eastern North American Region (ENAR) International Biometric Society Diversity Workshop
- U.S. Military service
- Attendance at a VTSI-eligible undergraduate institution (review the list of eligible MSIs)
- Application to an eligible VTSI PhD program (review the list of eligible VTSI PhD programs)
For more information, please contact:
Mary Joy Argo
Department of Biostatistics
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
615 North Wolfe Street, Room E3523C
Baltimore, Maryland 21205