Application Fee Waiver
A limited number of application fee waivers are available for applicants to Biostatistics graduate programs who meet additional eligibility criteria. The application fee waivers are available only to cover the primary application fee within the SOPHAS system; secondary application fee waivers are not available.
Applicants may request a fee waiver by completing the 2024-2025 Application Fee Waiver Request Form and submitting this to Mary Joy Argo, at email@example.com with subject line “SOPHAS Fee Waiver for Biostatistics”. Waivers must be requested by November 17, 2023, except for Vivien Thomas Scholars Initiative applicants, for whom the deadline to request a waiver is November 15, 2023.
Please note: fee waivers must be issued before submitting your application. We cannot issue reimbursements for the application fee.
Applicants are eligible for an application fee waiver for:
- Documented financial hardship - or -
- Documentation of the following:
- Participation in an annual conference or workshop sponsored by a professional society, e.g. Eastern North American Region (ENAR) International Biometric Society annual conference or the Joint Statistical Meetings sponsored by the American Statistical Association
- Participation in a Summer Institute for Biostatistics (SIBS) Program or similar summer program with scientific focus, e.g. computational biology, data science or computer science.
- U.S. Military service
- Attendance at a VTSI-eligible undergraduate institution (review the list of eligible MSIs)
- Application to an eligible VTSI PhD program (review the list of eligible VTSI PhD programs)
For more information, please contact:
Mary Joy Argo
Department of Biostatistics
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
615 North Wolfe Street, Room E3523C
Baltimore, Maryland 21205