Research and Practice
Our Department engages in research such as the opioid epidemic, pharmaceutical drug pricing policies, injury prevention, mental health, gun violence prevention policies, environmental health, patient safety and outcomes research, as well as public health informatics.
Our faculty and students also work directly with practitioners, community based organizations, policy makers, and others on the implementation of health policies grounded in research. Some of our practice and advocacy partners include the Baltimore City Health Department, the Maryland General Assembly, U.S. Congressional Members, federal agencies and cabinet members, and many more.
Centers & Institutes
With more than 16 research and practice-based centers and institutes, our Department focuses on a range of public health issues; and co-directs the Johns Hopkins-Pompeu Fabra University Public Policy Center, a collaboration between Johns Hopkins University, the Bloomberg School and the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, Spain. The Department is also affiliated with the university-wide Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics.
- Center for Gun Violence Solutions
- Center for Health Disparities Solutions
- Health Services & Outcomes Research
- Center for Hospital Finance & Management
- Center for Injury Research & Policy
- Center for Law & the Public's Health
- Center for Mental Health & Addiction Policy
- Center for Population Health IT
- Evidence-Based Practice Center
- Institute for Health and Social Policy
- Primary Care Policy Center
- Risk Sciences & Public Policy Institute
- Lipitz Center for Integrated Health Care
- Berman Institute of Bioethics
- The Johns Hopkins University Public Policy Center
- Lerner Center for Public Health Advocacy