Accelerated Learning Institutes
In addition to the courses available in the regular terms, the Bloomberg School offers a wide variety of short courses through our Accelerated Learning Institutes, taking place in Baltimore, other locations, and online.
Institute courses are short (one day to three weeks in length), offered in January, over the summer, and in November. Institute courses can be taken for academic credit (resulting in an official transcript from the Bloomberg School) or not for credit (at a reduced cost). Whether you wish to take a course on campus or online, we offer a variety of options to meet your continuing education needs.
Institute courses attract a very diverse group of professionals and students. They appeal to working professionals, public health practitioners, as well as individuals just beginning to explore the field of public health. Students enrolled in public health degree programs (at the Bloomberg School or elsewhere) can take Institute courses to fulfill academic coursework requirements.
Institute courses have the same academic rigor and same world-class faculty as regular term courses, but the courses are compressed to take place in fewer days. Courses vary in length from one day to three weeks, depending on the number of credits and the requirements of the particular course.
Click here to see a full list of all the Summer Institute courses offered, or select one of the individual Summer Institutes listed below to learn more about their course offerings.
- Center for Injury Research and Policy Summer Institute
- Graduate Summer Institute of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Health Behavior and Society Summer Institute
- Health Emergencies in Large Populations
- Health Policy and Management Summer Institute
- Health Systems Institute
- Johns Hopkins Center for American Indian Health Summer Institute
- Summer Institute in Bioethics
- Summer Institute in Data to Policy in Population, Family and Reproductive Health
- Summer Institute in Environmental Health and Engineering
- Summer Institute in Mental Health Research
- Summer Institute in Tropical Medicine and Public Health