Michelle Kaufman, PhD, MA, designs, implements, and evaluates technology-driven interventions to reduce health disparities and promote wellness among vulnerable populations.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Kaufman, M. R., Bazell, A. T.,* Collaco, A.,* & Sedoc, J. (2021). “This show hits really close to home on so many levels”: An analysis of Reddit comments about HBO’s Euphoria to understand viewers’ experiences of and reactions to substance use and mental illness. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 220, 108468. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2020.108468
- Kaufman, M. R., Casella, A., Wiginton, J. M.,* Xu, W.,* DuBois, D. L., Sanders, R., Simon, J., & Levine, D. (2020). Mentoring young African American men and transgender women who have sex with men on sexual health: Formative research for an HIV mobile health intervention for mentors. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 4(12), e17317.
- Kaufman, M. R., Grilo, G.,* Williams, A. M.,* Marea, C. X.,* Fentaye, F. W., Gebretsadik, L. A., & Yedenekal, S. A. (2020). The intersection of gender-based violence and risky sexual behaviour among university students in Ethiopia: A qualitative study. Psychology & Sexuality, 11(3), 198-211. doi: 10.1080/19419899.2019.1667418
- Kaufman, M. R., Dey, D.,* Crainiceanu, C., & Dredze, M. (2019). #MeToo and Google inquiries into sexual violence: A hashtag campaign can sustain information seeking. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, epub ahead of print. doi: 10.1177/0886260519868197
- Xu, W.,* Zheng, Y., Wiginton, J. M.,* & Kaufman, M. R. (2019). Alcohol use and binge drinking among men who have sex with men in China: Prevalence and correlates. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 202, 61-68. doi: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2019.04.006