Center & Institute Affiliations
Michele Decker, ScD, MPH, studies social determinants of women's health and gender equity, gender-based violence, prevention, and implications for sexual and reproductive health.
Experiences & Accomplishments
- Decker MR, Crago AL, Chu SK, Sherman SG, Seshu MS, Buthelezi K, Dhaliwal M, Beyrer C.Human rights violations against sex workers: burden and effect on HIV. Lancet. 2015 Jan 10;385(9963):186-99.
- Decker MR, Wilcox HC, Holliday CN, Webster DW.An Integrated Public Health Approach to Interpersonal Violence and Suicide Prevention and Response. Public Health Rep. 2018 Nov/Dec;133(1_suppl):65S-79S.
- Decker MR, Latimore AD, Yasutake S, Haviland M, Ahmed S, Blum RW, Sonenstein F, Astone NM. Gender-based violence against adolescent and young adult women in low and middle income countries. J Adol Health. 2015;56(2):188-96.
- Decker MR, Benning L, Weber KM, Sherman SG, Adedimeji A, Wilson TE, Cohen J, Plankey M, Cohen M, Golub ET. Physical and sexual violence predictors: 20 years of the Women’s Interagency HIV Study (WIHS) Cohort. Am J Prev Med. 2016;51(5):731-742
- Decker MR, Kalamar A, Tuncalp O; Hindin, MJ. Early adolescent childbearing in low- and middle-income countries: associations with income inequity, human development and gender equality. Health Policy Plan. 2017;32(2):277-282.