Health Policy Analysis in Low and Middle income Countries
- Apply key frameworks and models of the policy process to understanding health policy-making in LMICs
- Identify, describe and analyze common processes and actors involved in health policy development, with a particular focus on low and middle income countries
- Analyze factors influencing and shaping national policy leadership in the health sector in LMICs
- Recognize the need to respect national processes when working in LMICs
- Develop strategies to promote successful policy agenda-setting, development, and implementation in LMICs, using tools learned in class
- 25% Participation
- 35% Reading responses
- 40% Paper(s)
Interested students must email instructor requesting consent. Priority will be given to students taking the course for letter grade.
MSPH Health Systems students are required to take this course.
Students are expected to do all the reading and participate in every session.