Yusra Shawar, PhD, MPH, studies the global governance of health and the politics of health policy processes in low- and middle-income countries.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Shawar YR, Shiffman J. (2020). Generating global priority for addressing rheumatic heart disease: A qualitative policy analysis. Journal of the American Heart Association. 9 (8). https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.119.014800
- Shawar YR, Ruger JP. (2018). The World Bank and the right to health: A study of the institution’s right- based discourse. Global Health Governance. 12(1), 87-107.
- Shawar YR, Crane L. (2017). The generation of global political priority for urban health: the role of the urban health epistemic community. Health Policy and Planning, 32(8), 1161-1173. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czx065
- Shawar YR, Shiffman J. (2017). Generation of global political priority for early childhood development: the challenges of framing and governance. Lancet, 389(10064), 119-124. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)31574-4
- Shawar YR, Shiffman J, Spiegel DA. (2015). Generation of political priority for global surgery: a qualitative policy analysis. The Lancet Global Health, 3(8), e487-e495.