Janice Bowie, PhD '97, MPH, is Chair of the Doctor of Public Health program and an expert in health disparities and community-based research methods.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Levin MB, Bowie JV, Ragsdale SK, Gawad AL, Cooper LA, Sharfstein JM (2021). Enhancing Community Engagement by Schools and Programs of Public Health in the United States. Annual Review of Public Health. 42:1.
- Knott CL, Bowie J, Mullins CD, Santos, SLZ, Slade J, Rosenberg E, Woodard N, Williams R, Williams RM (In Press). An Approach to Adapting a Community-Based Cancer Control Intervention to Organizational Context. Health Promot Pract. 2020 Mar;21(2):168-171. doi: 10.1177/1524839919898209. Epub 2020 Jan 20. PMID: 31959002; PMCID: PMC7004883.
- Ibe, C.A., Bowie, J., Carson, K.A., Bone, L., Monroe, D., Roter, D., Cooper, L. Patient-Level Predictors of Extent of Exposure to a Community Health Worker Intervention in a Randomized Controlled Trial. Ethnicity and Disease. (2019):29(2):261-266; doi:10.18865/ed.29.2.261
- Bell, C.N., Bowie, J.V., Thorpe, Jr. R.J., Levine, D.M. A Spatial Analysis of Race, Local Health-Promoting Resources and Preventable Hospitalizations. Preventive Medicine (2017): 149-155 DOI 10.1016/j.ypmed.2017.09.012.
- Bowie, J., Juon, H.J., Taggart, T.*, Thorpe, R.J., Jr., & Ensminger, M. Predictors of Religiosity in a Cohort of African Americans. Race and Social Problems. (2017) (9)1, 29-41.