Center & Institute Affiliations
Peter J. Winch, MD, MPH ’88, develops and evaluates interventions to promote health behaviors for water, sanitation, infectious diseases, and environmental sustainability.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Rahman M, Jahir T, Yeasmin F, Begum F, Mobashara M, Hossain K, Khan R, Hossain R, Nizame FA, Jain A, Leontsini E, Unicomb L, Luby SP, Winch PJ. The Lived Experiences of Community Health Workers Serving in a Large-Scale Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Intervention Trial in Rural Bangladesh. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021 Mar 25;18(7):3389. doi: 10.3390/ijerph18073389.
- Stokes-Walters R, Fofana ML, Songbono JL, Barry AO, Diallo S, Nordhagen S, Zhang LX, Klemm RD, Winch PJ. "If you don't find anything, you can't eat" - Mining livelihoods and income, gender roles, and food choices in northern Guinea. Resour Policy. 2021 Mar;70:101939. doi: 10.1016/j.resourpol.2020.101939.
- Pitchik HO, Tofail F, Rahman M, Akter F, Sultana J, Shoab AK, Huda TMN, Jahir T, Amin MR, Hossain MK, Das JB, Chung EO, Byrd KA, Yeasmin F, Kwong LH, Forsyth JE, Mridha MK, Winch PJ, Luby SP, Fernald LC. A holistic approach to promoting early child development: a cluster randomised trial of a group-based, multicomponent intervention in rural Bangladesh. BMJ Glob Health. 2021 Mar;6(3):e004307. doi: 10.1136/bmjgh-2020-004307.
- Ryan SM, Marker HC, Van Wickle K, Winch PJ. A scoping review of interventions targeting small-scale, individual-initiated burning practices. Environ Res. 2021 Apr;195:110794. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2021.110794.
- Rothstein JD, Winch PJ, Pachas J, Cabrera LZ, Ochoa M, Gilman RH, Caulfield LE. Vulnerable families and costly formula: a qualitative exploration of infant formula purchasing among peri-urban Peruvian households. Int Breastfeed J. 2021 Jan 19;16(1):11. doi: 10.1186/s13006-021-00356-6.