Lee Bone, MPH '77, RN, is a community-driven trailblazer and a fearless silo-buster for sustainable change in the context of urban health and chronic disease.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Han H-R, Xu A, Mendez KJW, et al. Exploring community engaged research experiences and preferences: a multi-level qualitative investigation. Res Involv Engagem. 2021;7(1):19. doi:10.1186/s40900-021-00261-6
- Ibe CA, Alvarez C, Carson KA, et al. Social Determinants of Health as Potential Influencers of a Collaborative Care Intervention for Patients with Hypertension. Ethn Dis. 2021;31(1):47-56. doi:10.18865/ed.31.1.47
- Boulware LE, Ephraim PL, Hill-Briggs F, et al. Hypertension Self-management in Socially Disadvantaged African Americans: the Achieving Blood Pressure Control Together (ACT) Randomized Comparative Effectiveness Trial. J GEN INTERN MED. 2020;35(1):142-152. doi:10.1007/s11606-019-05396-7
- Wu AW, Hwang S, Weston CM, et al. Baltimore CONNECT: A Randomized Trial to Build Partnership Between Community Organizations and a Local Health System. Progress in Community Health Partnerships. 2018;12(3):297-306. doi:10.1353/cpr.2018.0054
- Hill-Briggs Felicia, Batts-Turner Marian, Gary TL, et al. Training Community Health Workers as Diabetes Educators for Urban African Americans: Value Added Using Participatory Methods. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education, and Action. 2007;1(2):185-194. doi:10.1353/cpr.2007.0008