Aisha Dickerson, PhD, MSPH, studies environmental exposures and their disproportionate impact on autism and dementia risks in underserved communities across the lifespan.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Dickerson AS and Dickerson AS. (2020) Brief Report: Texas School District Autism Prevalence in Children from Non-English-Speaking Homes. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disabilities. 50(4):1411-1417
- Dickerson AS, Hansen J, Gredal O, Weisskopf MG. (2018) Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Exposure to Diesel Exhaust in a Danish Cohort. American Journal of Epidemiology. 187(8):1613-1622
- Dickerson AS, Rotem R, Christian MA, Nguyen VY, Specht AJ. (2017) Potential sex differences relative to autism spectrum disorder and metals. Current Environmental Health Reports. 4(4):405-414.
- Dickerson AS, Rahbar MH, Pearson DA, Kirby RS, Bakian A, Bilder D, Pettygrove S, Harrington R, Moyé L, Zahorodny W, Wingate MS, Durkin M. (2017) Autism Spectrum Disorder reporting in lower socioeconomic neighborhoods. Autism: The International Journal of Research and Practice. 21(4): 470-480.
- Dickerson AS, Rahbar MH, Bakian A, Bilder D, Harrington R, Pettygrove S, Kirby R, Durkin M, Han I, Moyé L, Pearson DA, Wingate MS, Zahorodny W. (2016) Autism Spectrum Disorder prevalence and associations with ambient air concentrations of lead, mercury and arsenic. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment. 188(7): 407