Nancy Kass, ScD '89, studies the ethics' implications of alternative public health policies and public health research designs in the US and globally.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Kass NE, Faden RR, Goodman SN, Pronovost P, Tunis S, Beauchamp TL. (2013). The Research-Treatment Distinction: A Problematic Approach for Determining Which Activities Should Have Ethical Oversight. Hastings Center Report. 43(1): S1-15.
- Faden RR, Kass NE, Goodman SN, Pronovost P, Tunis S, Beauchamp, TL. (2013). An Ethics Framework for a Learning Health Care System: A Departure from Traditional Research Ethics and Clinical Ethics. Hastings Center Report. 43(1): S16-27.
- Kass, N., Ali, J., Hallez, K., Hyder, A. “Bioethics training programmes for Africa: evaluating professional and bioethics-related achievements of African trainees after a decade of Fogarty NIH investment”, BMJ Open, 2016; 6(9): e012758. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2016-012758.
- Kass N. (2001). An ethics framework for public health. American Journal of Public Health, 91(11):1776-1782.
- Kass N, Hecht K, Paul A, Birnbach K. (2014). Ethics and obesity prevention: ethical considerations in 3 approaches to reducing consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages. American Journal of Public Health, in press.