Susan Hannum, PhD, MA, is a gerontologist conducting research in cancer survivorship across the life course and chronic illnesses in later life.
Experiences & Accomplishments
- Sloan, D.H., Hannum, S.M., DeGroot, L., Dy, S.M., Waldfogel, J., Chyr, L., Heughan, J.A., Zhang, A., Wilson, R.F., Yuan, C.T., Wu, D.S., Robinson, K.A., Cotter, V.T. (2021). Advance care planning shared decision-making tools for non-cancer chronic serious illness: A mixed method systematic review. American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Accepted, In Press.
- Al Hamayel, N., Waldfogel, J.M., Hannum, S.M., Brodsky, R.A., Bolaños-Meade, J., Gamper, C.J., Jones, R.J., & Dy, S.M. (2021). Pain experiences of adults with sickle cell disease and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: A qualitative study. Pain Medicine. pnaa464, https://doi.org/10.1093/pm/pnaa464
- Hannum, S.M., Abebe, E., Xiao, Y., Brown, R. Peña, I.M., & Gurses, A.P. (2020). Engineering care transitions: Clinician perceptions of barriers to safe medication management during transitions of patient care. Special Issue of Applied Ergonomics, 91. DOI: 10.1016/j.apergo.2020.103299
- Hannum, S.M., Dy, S.M., Smith, K.C., & Kamal, A.H. (2019). Proposed criteria for systematic evaluation of qualitative oncology research. Journal of Oncology Practice. (Invited Manuscript), DOI: JOP.19.00125
- Hannum, S.M., Smith, K., Coa, K., & Klassen, A.C. (2016). Identity reconstruction among older cancer survivors: Age and meaning in the context of a life-altering illness. Journal of Psychosocial Oncology, 34(6), 477–492. DOI: 10.1080/07347332.2016.1221017