Marycatherine Augustyn, PhD ‘91, focuses on Maternal and Child Health research and programming between academic and public agencies, and training public health professionals.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Gilmore, A., Augustyn, Mc., Gross, S., Vallo, P., Paige, D., Redman, L. Women, Infants, and Children Periconception Weight Management: Obesity Science and Practice. Open Access, doi: 10.1002/osp4.327
- Gross, S.M., Augustyn, M., Henderson, J.M., Baig, K., Williams, C.A., Ajao, B., Bell-Waddy, P., and Paige, D.M. (2018). Integrating obstetrical care and WIC nutritional services to address maternal obesity and postpartum weight retention. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 22(6), pp. 794-802
- Cross-Barnet, C., Augustyn, M., Gross, S., Resnik, A., and Paige, D. (2012). Long-term breastfeeding support: failing mothers in need. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 16, 1926-32.
- Gross, S.M., Resnik, A.K., Nanda, J.P., Cross-Barnet, C., Augustyn, M., Kelly, L., and Paige, D.M. (2011). Early postpartum: a critical period in setting the path for breastfeeding success. Breastfeeding Medicine, 6, 407-12.
- Gross S, Kovar-Resnik A, Cross-Barnet C, Nanda J, Augustyn M, Paige DM. The Differential Impact of WIC Peer Counseling Programs on Breastfeeding across the State of Maryland. Journal of Human Lactation 25(4): 435-443, 2009