Tamar Mendelson, PhD, MA, addresses the development, evaluation & dissemination of prevention strategies to improve adolescence mental health in underserved urban populations.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Arnold, K.T., Pollack Porter, K.M., Frattaroli, S., Durham, R.E., Clary, L.K., & Mendelson, T. (2021). Multilevel barriers and facilitators to sustainability of a universal trauma-informed school-based mental health intervention following an efficacy trial: A qualitative study. School Mental Health. Epub 2 January. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12310-020-09402-w
- Mendelson, T., Clary, L., Sibinga, E., Tandon, S.D., Musci, R., Mmari, K., Salkever, D., Stuart, E., & Ialongo, N. (2020). A randomized controlled trial of a trauma-informed school prevention program for urban youth: Rationale, design, and methods. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 90, 105895.
- Mendelson, T., Sheridan, S.C., & Clary, L.K. (2020). Research with youth of color in low-income communities: Strategies for recruiting and retaining participants. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. Epub 25 August.
- Arnold, K.T., Pollack Porter, K.M., Frattaroli, S., Durham, R.E., Mmari, K., Clary, L.K., & Mendelson, T. (2020). Factors that influenced adoption of a school-based trauma-informed universal mental health intervention. Prevention Science, 21, 1081-1092. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11121-020-01144-0
- Webb, L., Clary, L., Johnson, R., & Mendelson, T. (2020). Electronic and school bullying victimization by race/ethnicity and sexual minority status in a nationally representative sample of adolescents in the United States. Journal of Adolescent Health. Epub 10 July. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2020.05.042