Lisa Cooper, MPH '93, MD, works to advance health equity with scholarship on racial disparities in patient-physician communication and community-informed interventions.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Cooper LA, Marsteller JA, Carson KA, Dietz KB, Boonyasai RT, Alvarez C, Ibe CA, Crews DC, Yeh HC, Miller ER 3rd, Dennison-Himmelfarb CR, Lubomski LH, Purnell TS, Hill-Briggs F, Wang NY; RICH LIFE Project Investigators. The RICH LIFE Project: A cluster randomized pragmatic trial comparing the effectiveness of health system only vs. health system Plus a collaborative/stepped care intervention to reduce hypertension disparities. Am Heart J. 2020 Aug;226:94-113.
- Cooper LA, Boulware LE, Miller ER 3rd, Golden SH, Carson KA, Noronha G, Huizinga MM, Roter DL, Yeh HC, Bone LR, Levine DM, Hill-Briggs F, Charleston J, Kim M, Wang NY, Aboumatar H, Halbert JP, Ephraim PL, Brancati FL. Creating a transdisciplinary research center to reduce cardiovascular health disparities in Baltimore, Maryland: lessons learned. Am J Public Health. 2013 Nov;103(11):e26-38.
- Cooper LA, Ghods Dinoso BK, Ford DE, Roter DL, Primm AB, Larson SM, Gill JM, Noronha GJ, Shaya EK, Wang NY. Comparative effectiveness of standard versus patient-centered collaborative care interventions for depression among African Americans in primary care settings: the BRIDGE Study. Health Serv Res. 2013 Feb;48(1):150-74.
- Cooper LA, Roter DL, Carson KA, Beach MC, Sabin JA, Greenwald AG, Inui TS. The Associations of Clinicians' Implicit Attitudes About Race With Medical Visit Communication and Patient Ratings of Interpersonal Care. Am J Public Health. 2012 May;102(5):979-987.
- Cooper LA, Roter DL, Carson KA, Bone LR, Larson SM, Miller ER 3rd, Barr MS, Levine DM. A randomized trial to improve patient-centered care and hypertension control in underserved primary care patients. J Gen Intern Med. 2011 Nov;26(11):1297-304.