Parul Christian, DrPH '96, MSc, studies how to improve maternal and child nutrition and prevent micronutrient deficiencies with effective solutions in low-income settings.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Christian P, Smith ER, Zaidi A. Addressing inequities in the global burden of maternal undernutrition: the role of targeting. BMJ Global Health 2020; 5:e002186.
- Duggan CP, Brennan L, Christian P, Fanzo J, Ludwig DS; Editors of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Knowledge and debate in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition: new sections, new science, and looking forward and outward. Am J Clin Nutr 2020; 111:1-3.
- Schulze KJ, Mehra S, Shaikh S, Ali H, Shamim AA, Wu LS, Mitra M, Arguello MA, Kmush B, Sungpuag P, Udomkesmelee E, Merrill R, Klemm RDW, Ullah B, Labrique AB, West KP, Christian P. Antenatal multiple micronutrient supplementation compared to iron-folic acid affects micronutrient status but does not eliminate deficiencies in a randomized controlled trial among pregnant women of rural Bangladesh. J Nutr 2019; 149: 1260-70.
- Campbell RK, Schulze KJ, Shaikh S, Raqib R, Wu LSF, Ali H, Mehra S, West KP, Christian P. Environmental enteric dysfunction and systemic inflammation predict reduced weight but not length gain in rural Bangladeshi children. Br J Nutr 2018; 11:407-14.
- Christian P, Smith ER. Adolescent Undernutrition: Global Burden, Physiology, and Nutritional Risks. Ann Nutr Metab. 2018;72:316-28.