Laura Caulfield, PhD, researches nutrition problems affecting maternal, infant, and child health in the United States and globally.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Merialdi M, Caulfield LE, Zavaleta N, Figueroa A, Dominici F, DiPietro JA. Randomized controlled trial of prenatal zinc supplementation and the development of fetal heart rate patterns. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004;190:1106-12. PMID:15118650.
- Caulfield LE, Zavaleta N, Chen P, Putnick D, DiPietro JA, Bornstein M. Maternal zinc supplementation during pregnancy affects autonomic function in Peruvian children at 4 ½ years of age. J Nutr 2011; 141(2):327-32. PMID:21178078.
- Patil CL, Turab A, Ambikapathi R*, Nesamvuni C, Chandyo RK, Bose A, Paredes Olortegui M, Lima de Moraes M, Islam M, Caulfield LE, on behalf of the MAL-ED Network. Early interruption of exclusive breastfeeding: results from the 8-country Mal-ED study. J Health Pop Nutr 2015 34:10 DOI 10.1186/s41043-015-0004-2.
- Sacco LM, Caulfield LE, Gittelsohn JG, Martinez Salgado H. The conceptualization of Perceived Insufficient Milk among Mexican mothers. J Hum Lact 2006; Aug;22(3):277-86. PMID:16885488.
- DiPietro JA, Millet S, Costigan KA, Gurewitsch E, Caulfield LE. Psychosocial influences on weight gain attitudes and behaviors during pregnancy. JADA 2003;103: 1314-1319. PMID:14520249.