Center & Institute Affiliations
Alain Labrique, PhD '07, MHS '99, MS, is an infectious disease epidemiologist who leverages digital innovations to solve public health problems in resource-limited settings.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Mehl G, Labrique AB. Prioritizing integrated mHealth strategies for universal health coverage. Science. 2014 Sep 12;345(6202):1284-7. doi: 10.1126/science.1258926.
- Agarwal S, LeFevre AE, Lee J, L'Engle K, Mehl G, Sinha C, Labrique AB; WHO mHealth Technical Evidence Review Group. Guidelines for reporting of health interventions using mobile phones: mobile health (mHealth) evidence reporting and assessment (mERA) checklist. BMJ. 2016 Mar 17;352:i1174. doi: 10.1136/bmj.i1174. PMID:26988021
- Labrique AB, Vasudevan L, Kochi E, Fabricant R, Mehl G. Articulating mHealth Strategies as Health System Strengthening Tools – Twelve Common Applications and a Visual Framework. Global Health Science and Practice. 2013; 1(2):160-171. First published online August 6, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.9745/GHSP-D-13-00031. (Most cited [106+] and accessed article in mHealth field 2013-2017)
- Labrique AB, P Christian, RDW Klemm, M Rashid, AA Shamim, A Massie, K Schulze, A Hackman, KP West, Jr. A Cluster-Randomized Maternal Vitamin A or Beta-Carotene Supplementation Trial in Bangladesh: Design and Methods. Trials, 2011. 12:102
- Jacobson, Laura E. and Labrique, Alain B. "Information Communication Technology and Health." Foundations for Global Health Practice. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2017.