Introduction to the SAS Statistical Package
2023 - 2024
Wednesday, 1:30 - 2:50pm
Friday, 1:30 - 2:50pm (01)
140.622 or 140.652 (may be taken concurrently), or former 140.602
Designed for students with no experience with SAS.
Introduces students with no experience with SAS. Familiarizes them with the skills needed for effective data management and data analysis. Covers performing exploratory analysis on data including the creation of tables and graphs. Proceeds next to creating new datasets and altering old datasets. Covers building regression models (linear, logistic, and Poisson), interpreting results and criticizing such models, and attempting to improve them.
Learning ObjectivesUpon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use the SAS statistical package, mastering the skills needed for effective data management, data manipulation, and data analysis
- Write and execute programs using SAS syntax
- Read and transform data in preparation for statistical analysis
- Create tabular and graphical displays of data
- Perform simple statistical analyses such as linear and logistic regression
Methods of Assessment
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 100% Weekly labs
Limited to 25 people
Both the lecture and lab will be held in one
of the School's computer labs.