Health Policy and Management
2023 - 2024
MHA students synthesize and integrate the knowledge and skills they have acquired throughout the program and their field placement to the examination and analysis of a current healthcare trend and its potential implications for health care services and delivery systems.
Learning ObjectivesUpon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Augment training by pursuing an independent research project within their particular area of interest or specialized competency
- Synthesize, integrate, and apply the skills and competencies they have acquired to analyze in writing a current healthcare trend from multiple perspectives, e.g. economic, financial, organizational and environmental factors
- Identify implications of the trend for healthcare leaders
- Integrate current literature on concepts, methods, and applications to issues in healthcare and public health
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills through a formal presentation and final written report
Methods of Assessment
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 95% Final Paper
- 5% Final paper outline
2nd year MHA students only
The written deliverable is a graduation requirement for all MHA students.