Essential Skills for Women’s Leadership in Global Health
All graduate students and/or early career professionals concerned with supporting women leaders in global health and excited to develop solutions are welcome. Participants should have a Bachelor's degree.
- Identify barriers faced by women in global health leadership
- Explain the value of essential skills (i.e. communication, negotiation, self-awareness) and how they can be applied to leadership globally
- Identify and employ culturally appropriate leadership approaches in global health organizations
- Apply concepts of leadership to their own career goals and objectives
- Develop solutions and strategies to overcome organizational barriers to women’s leadership in global health
- 20% Discussion
- 20% In-class Exercises
- 20% Reflection
- 40% Final Project
This section is only for DrPH students. All other students must take the .79 section that occurs a week earlier.