This year our award celebration returned to the BMB Departmental Retreat, where the winners received their awards and presented short talks about their work. Congratulations to all the awardees on their exceptional work!
- Morgan Beckett, PhD student, Bailey lab: Sharon Krag Award for outstanding and impactful leadership by a PhD student or postdoctoral fellow
- Honghe Liu, PhD, Wang lab: Larry Grossman Award for excellence in lab research by a postdoc
- Ben Orris, Stivers lab: John Scocca Award for excellence in lab research by a PhD student
The McMacken Scholarship recognizes achievements in academics, research, and service by PhD students.
- Srushti Kittane, Toska lab (rising second-year awardee)
- Asia Wildeman, Culotta lab (third year and beyond awardee)
The Crawford Award recognizes achievements in academics, research, and service by PhD students.
- Marika David, Culotta lab, collaborating with the Leung lab
- Jon Vose, Kavran lab, collaborating with the Weeraratna lab
- Wei Wang, Matunis lab, collaborating with the Wang lab