Epidemiologic methods; cohort studies; case-control studies; HIV/AIDS; viral hepatitis; liver transplantation; longitudinal data analysis; cognitive function; survival analysis.
Experiences & Accomplishments
University of Pittsburgh
University of Pittsburgh
From 1989 to 2000, Dr. Seaberg served as a statistician in the Epidemiology Data Coordinating Center at the University of Pittsburgh. Among the studies he collaborated on were the NIDDK Liver Transplantation Database (LTD) and Cost of Liver Transplantation Study, the NIA Monogahela Valley Independent Elders Survey (MOVIES), and the Indo-US Cross-National Dementia Epidemiology Study. During this period he also served as a consulting statistician for the Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. In 2001 he was appointed assistant research professor in the Department of Epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health. Dr. Seaberg brings both epidemiologic and biostatistical expertise to STATEPI projects. In particular, his experience in liver transplantation and viral hepatitis research affords unique insights into the study of complications of liver disease among HIV-infected individuals. His responsibilities include collaborating with STATEPI investigators and staff to design, conduct, and report the results of studies nested within the MACS and WIHS cohorts, and he coordinates the data management and analysis activities of an international study of HIV-HBV coinfection.
- Falade-Nwulia O, Seaberg EC, Snider AE, Rinaldo CR, Wolinsky SM, Witt MD, Thio CL. Outcomes of acute hepatitis B virus (HBV) in HIV infection with and without HBV-active antiretroviral therapy. AIDS. 2021 May 1;35(6):991-993. doi: 10.1097/QAD.0000000000002844. PubMed PMID: 33587444; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC8101059.
- Wang Z, Cheng Y, Seaberg EC, Rubin LH, Levine AJ, Becker JT. Longitudinal multivariate normative comparisons. Stat Med. 2021 Mar 15;40(6):1440-1452. doi: 10.1002/sim.8850. Epub 2020 Dec 9. PubMed PMID: 33296952.
- Hessol NA, Barrett BW, Margolick JB, Plankey M, Hussain SK, Seaberg EC, Massad LS. Risk of smoking-related cancers among women and men living with and without HIV. AIDS. 2021 Jan 1;35(1):101-114. doi: 10.1097/QAD.0000000000002717. PubMed PMID: 33048871; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7718307.
- Wang Z, Cheng Y, Seaberg EC, Becker JT. Quantifying diagnostic accuracy improvement of new biomarkers for competing risk outcomes. Biostatistics. 2020 Feb 21;. doi: 10.1093/biostatistics/kxaa048. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 33324980.
- Popov M, Molsberry SA, Lecci F, Junker B, Kingsley LA, Levine A, Martin E, Miller E, Munro CA, Ragin A, Seaberg E, Sacktor N, Becker JT. Brain structural correlates of trajectories to cognitive impairment in men with and without HIV disease. Brain Imaging Behav. 2020 Jun;14(3):821-829. doi: 10.1007/s11682-018-0026-7. PubMed PMID: 30623289; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6616021.
Women's Interagency HIV Study
Liver Disease and HIV-HBV Coinfection in the HAART era