Rajiv Rimal, PhD, MA, is Chair of the Department of Health, Behavior & Society. He works globally on social and behavior change interventions with a focus on gender norms.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Bieniek-Tobasco, A., McCormick, S., Rimal, R. N., Harrington, C. B., Shafer, M., & Shaikh, H. (2019). Communicating climate change through documentary film: Imagery, emotion and efficacy. Climatic Change, 154, 1-18.
- Ganz, O., Rimal, R., Cohn, A. M., Johnson, A. L., Delnevo, C., & Horn, K. (2019). Receptivity to tobacco advertising among young adults with internalizing problems: Findings from the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health Study. Substance Use and Misuse. DOI: 10.1080/10826084.2019.1688349
- Sedlander, E., & Rimal, R. N. (2019). Beyond individual-level theorizing in social norms research: How collective norms and media access affect adolescents’ use of contraception. Journal of Adolescent Health, 64, S31-36.
- Sedlander, E., Bingenheimer, J. B., Edberg, M., Rimal, R., Shaikh, H., & Munar, W. (in press). Understanding modern contraception uptake in one Ethiopian community: A case study. Reproductive Health.
- Sedlander, E., Rimal, R.N., Talegawkar, S., *Yilma, H., & Munar. W. (2018). Designing a socio-normative intervention to reduce anemia in India: A formative research protocol. Gates Open Research.