Jon Vernick, JD, MPH '94, promotes and evaluates the ways the law can be used as a tool to promote public health, particularly in the areas of injury and violence prevention.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Vernick JS, Teret SP, Webster DW. Regulating firearm advertisements that promise home protection: a public health intervention. JAMA 1997; 277:1391-1397.
- Vernick JS. Lobbying and advocacy for the public’s health: what are the limits for non-profit organizations. Am J Public Health 1999; 89:1425-1429.
- Vernick JS, Teret SP. A public health approach to regulating firearms as consumer products. University of Pennsylvania Law Review 2000;148:1193-1211.
- Vernick JS, Mair JS, Teret SP, Sapsin JW. Role of litigation in preventing product-related injuries. Epidemiol Rev. 2003;25:90-98.
- Vernick JS, O’Brien M, Hepburn LM, Johnson SB, Webster DW, Hargarten SW. Unintentional and undetermined firearm-related deaths: a preventable death analysis for three safety devices. Injury Prevention 2003;9:307-311.