Carol Underwood, PhD '93, MA, MA, studies the role of gender, social class, and marginalization in global health outcomes to contribute to the wellbeing of populations.
Experiences & Accomplishments
- Hendrickson ZM, Owczarzak J, Lohani S, Shrestha BT, Underwood CR Accepted for publication, August 7, 2018. The (re)productive work of labour migration: The reproductive lives of women with an absent spouse in the central hill region of Nepal. Culture, Health, & Sexuality.
- Underwood CR, *Broaddus ET, Kc S, Thapa RK. 2017. Community Theater Participation and Nutrition-Related Practices: Evidence from Nepal. Journal of Health Communication, 22(4), 327-336.
- Underwood C and Schwandt HM. 2016. Assessing girls’ HIV vulnerability: Evidence from Botswana, Malawi, and Mozambique. Health Policy and Planning, 31(6), 729-735.
- Underwood CR and Kamhawi SS. 2014. Friday sermons, family planning and gender equity attitudes and actions: evidence from Jordan. Journal of Public Health 2014;?doi: 10.1093/pubmed/fdu090.
- Underwood, C., Brown, J., Sherard, D., Tushabe, B. & Abdur-Rahman, A. 2011. “Ritual Communication and Changing Gender Norms in Uganda: A Study of African Transformation.” Journal of Communication, 61: 197-218.