Brian Schwartz, MD, MS, GME ’90, uses environmental epidemiology to evaluate the drivers of sustainability health impacts, such as energy, agriculture, and built environments.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- McAlexander TP, Bandeen-Roche K, Buckley JP, Pollak J, Michos ED, McEvoy JW, Schwartz BS. Unconventional natural gas development and hospitalization for heart failure in Pennsylvania. J Am College Cardiol 2020; 76: 2862-74.
- Kuiper JR, Hirsch AG, Bandeen-Roche K, Sundaresan AS, Tan BK, Kern RC, Schleimer RP, Schwartz BS. Workplace indirect cost impacts of nasal and sinus symptoms and related diagnoses. J Occup Environ Med 2019; 61: e333-e339.
- Poulsen MN, Pollak J, Sills DL, Casey JA, Nachman KE, Cosgrove SE, Stewart D, Schwartz BS. High-density poultry operations and community-acquired pneumonia in Pennsylvania. Environ Epidemiol 2018; 2: e013, 1-7.
- Hirsch AG, Durden TE, Nordberg C, Berger A, Schwartz BS. Associations of four community factors with longitudinal change in hemoglobin A1c levels in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2018; 41: 461-8.
- Poulsen MN, Knapp EA, Hirsch AG, Bailey-Davis L, Pollak J, Schwartz BS. Comparing objective measures of the built environment in their associations with youth physical activity and sedentary behavior across heterogeneous geographies. Health and Place 2018; 49: 30-38.