Center & Institute Affiliations
Darrell Gaskin, PhD '95, MS, is a health economist who advances community, neighborhood, and market-level policies and programs that reduce health disparities.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Gaskin DJ, Zare H, Delamente B. The Supply of Hospital Care to Minority and Low-Income Communities and the Hospital Readmission Reduction Program. Med Care Res Rev. 2019 Jul 10:1077558719861242. doi: 10.1177/1077558719861242.
- Gaskin DJ, Roberts E, Chan K, McCleary RR, Buttorff C. Delamente B, No Man is an Island - The impact of neighborhood disadvantage on mortality. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2019 Apr 9;16(7). pii: E1265. doi: 10.3390/ijerph16071265.
- Gaskin DJ, Karmarkar TD, Maurer A, Bucay-Harari L, Casillas G, Gittens A, Jones LC, Thorpe RJ, Tolbert E, Wood JE. The Potential Role of Cost and Quality of Life in Treatment Decisions for Knee Pain for African American and Latina Women. Arthritis Care & Research. 2019 Apr 12 doi: 10.1002/acr.23903
- Gaskin DJ, Vazin R, McCleary RR, Thorpe RJ, The Maryland Health Enterprise Zone Initiative Reduced Hospital Cost and Utilization in Underserved Communities. Health Affairs, Health Aff (Millwood). 2018 Oct;37(10):1546-1554. doi: 10.1377/hlthaff.2018.0642.
- Gaskin DJ, Zare H, Vazin R, Love D, Steinwachs D. Racial and Ethnic Composition of Hospitals’ Service Areas and the Likelihood of Being Penalized for Excess Readmissions by the Medicare Program. Med Care. 2018 Nov;56(11):934-943. doi: 10.1097/MLR.0000000000000988.