Center & Institute Affiliations
Saifuddin Ahmed, MBBS, PhD ‘96, his research includes reproductive epidemiology, particularly maternal mortality estimation; program evaluation for family planning and MCH care.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Ahmed S, Srivastava S, Warren N, Mayra K, Misra M, Mahapatra T, Rao N. Impact of a nurse mentoring program on the quality of labour and delivery care at primary healthcare facilities in Bihar, India. BMJ Global Health, 2019;0:e001767. doi:10.1136/bmjgh-2019-001767.
- Ahmed, S, YJ Choi, JG Rimon et al. Trends in contraceptive prevalence rates in sub-Saharan Africa since the 2012 London Summit on Family Planning: results from repeated cross-sectional surveys. Lancet Global Health, May 17, 2019, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/S2214-109X(19)30200-1.
- Ahmed, S, Q. Li, L. Liu and A. Tsui. Maternal Deaths Averted by Contraceptive Use: Results from a Global Analysis of 172 countries. Lancet, 2012 July; 380(9837): 111-125.
- Ahmed, S and K. Hill. Maternal mortality estimation for sub-national areas in Bangladesh. Bulletin of World Health Organization. 2011; 89:12–21.
- Ahmed S, Creanga AA, Gillespie DG, Tsui AO. Economic status, education and empowerment: implications for maternal health service utilization in developing countries. PLoS One. 2010 Jun 23;5(6):e11190.