Center & Institute Affiliations
Eileen McDonald, MS, uses education, communication, product design, policy, and professional development to create a healthier and safer world, especially for children.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Ryan LM, Solomon B, Ziegfeld S, Gielen A, Malloy L, Foster D, McDonald EM. Evaluation of a culturally tailored educational video intervention to promote bike helmet safety for urban children: a pilot study. Health Promotion Practice. https://doi.org/10.1177/1524839920920304 (First published May 17, 2020)
- McDonald EM, Gielen AC. Injury Prevention: Falls. In: Tremblay RE, Boivin M, Peters RDeV, eds. Rivara F, topic ed. Encyclopedia on Early Childhood Development [online]. http://www.child-encyclopedia.com/injury-prevention/according-experts/injury-prevention-falls. Updated December 2019. Accessed December 10, 2019.
- Mahoney P, Solomon BS, McDonald EM, Shields WC, Gielen AC. Disclosure of infant unsafe sleep practices by African American mothers in primary care settings. JAMA Pediatr 2019; July 1, 2019. doi:10.1001/jamapediatrics.2019.1687
- McDonald EM, Mack KI, Shields WC, Lee R, Gielen AC. Primary care opportunities to prevent home injuries: A focus on children and older adults. Am J Lifestyle Med. 2018;12(2):96-106.
- McDonald EM, Kennedy-Hendricks A, McGinty EE, Shields WC, Barry CL, Gielen AC. Safe storage of opioid pain relievers among adults living with households with children. Pediatrics. 2017 Mar;139(3). pii: e20162161. doi: 10.1542/peds.2016-2161.