Eric B Bass, MD, MPH, is a practicing general internist working to improve health care across the breadth of medical conditions encountered in adult medical practice.
- Evidence based medicine
- Comparative effectiveness research
- Community health partnerships
Experiences & Accomplishments
The mission of our Evidence-based Practice Center (EPC) is to perform rigorous systematic reviews of important topics in clinical medicine and public health. The EPC is part of the Effective Health Care Program of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Dr. Bass is also the Director of the medical school's course on Foundations of Public Health, and is a Co-Director of the medical school's Scholarly Concentration in Public Health and Community Service.
- Singh S, Chang SM, Matchar DB, Bass EB. Grading a body of evidence on diagnostic tests. J Gen Intern Med. 2012; 27 (Suppl 1): S47-55.
- Goyal M, Singh S, Siblinga EM, Gould NF, Rowland-Seymour A, Sharma R, Berger Z, Sleicher D, Maron DD, Shihab HM, Ranasinghe PD, Linn S, Saha S, Bass EB, Haythornthwaite JA. Meditation programs for psychological stress and well-being. A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JAMA Intern Med. doi:10.1001/jamaintermmed.2013.13018. Published online January 6, 2014.
- Weston CM, Yune S*, Bass EB, Berkowitz SA, Brotman DJ, Deutschendorf A, Howell EE, Richardson MB, Sylvester C, Wu AW. A concise tool for measuring care coordination from the provider's perspective in the hospital setting. Journal of Hospital Medicine 2017; 12:811-817.
- Bennett WL, Wilson RF, Zhang A, Tseng E*, Knapp EA*, Kharrazi H, Stuart EA, Shogbesan O, Bass EB, Cheskin LJ. Methods for evaluating natural experiments in obesity: a systematic review. Ann Intern Med. 2018; 168: 791-800. doi: 10.7326/M18-0309
- Hsiao YL, Bass EB, Wu AW, Richardson MB, Deutschendorf A, Brotman DJ, Bellantoni M, Howell EE, Everett A, Hickman D, Purnell L, Zollinger R, Sylvester C, Lyketsos CG, Dunbar L, Berkowtiz SA. Implementation of a comprehensive program to improve coordination of care in an urban academic health care system. J Health Organ Manage. 2018; 32: 638-57. doi: 10.1108/JHOM-09-2017-0228.