Drowning prevention; Road safety; Injury research; Disability and Rehabilitation
Experiences & Accomplishments
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Dhaka National Medical College
Most recent publications
- Ashraf, L., Agrawal, P., Rahman, A., Bhuiyan, M. A. A., Salam, S. S., Li, Q., & Bachani, A. M. (2022). Caregivers’ Compliance and Perception of Daycare Centers—A Community-Based Childhood Drowning Prevention Intervention Implemented in Rural Bangladesh. International journal of environmental research and public health, 19(15), 9537.
- Bhuiyan, M. A. A., Agrawal, P., Alonge, O., Alam, Z., Ashraf, L., Wadhwaniya, S., ... & Rahman, A. (2022). Compliance to playpen usages to enhance parental supervision of under-five children in rural community of Bangladesh. PloS one, 17(5), e0264902.
- Rahman, A., Peden, A. E., Ashraf, L., Ryan, D., Bhuiyan, A. A., & Beerman, S. (2021). Drowning: Global Burden, Risk Factors, and Prevention Strategies. In Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Global Public Health.
- Inada, H., Ashraf, L., & Campbell, S. (2020). COVID-19 lockdown and fatal motor vehicle collisions due to speed-related traffic violations in japan: A time-series study. Injury Prevention, 0 doi:10.1136/injuryprev-2020-043947
- Ashraf, L., Agrawal, P., Rahman, A., Salam, S. S., & Li, Q. (2019). Burden of lesser-known unintentional non-fatal injuries in rural Bangladesh: Findings from a large-scale population-based study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16(18), 3366. doi:10.3390/ijerph16183366
Bloomberg Philanthropies Initiative for Global Road Safety
Saving of Lives from Drowning (SoLiD)
Learning, Acting, and Building for Rehabilitation in Health Systems