Celia Karp, PhD ’20, investigates reproductive empowerment, access to quality health care, and availability and use of maternal and reproductive health services.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Karp C, Moreau C, Sheehy G, Anjur-Dietrich S, Mbushi F, Muluve E, Mwanga D, Nzioki M, Pinchoff J, Austrian K. Youth Relationships in the era of COVID-19: A mixed-methods study among adolescent girls and young women in Kenya. J Adolesc Health. 2021 Aug. doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2021.07.017
- Wood SN, Karp C, OlaOlorun F, Pierre AZ, Guiella G, Gichangi P, Zimmerman LA, Anglewicz P, Larson E, Moreau C. Trends in the need for and use of contraception before and during COVID-19 in four sub-Saharan African geographies: results from population-based national or regional cohort surveys. The Lancet Global Health. Jun 2021; 9(6): e793-e801.
- Karp C, Wood SN, Guiella G, Gichangi P, Bell SO, Anglewicz P, Larson E, Zimmerman L, Moreau C. Contraceptive dynamics during COVID-19 in sub-Saharan Africa: longitudinal evidence from Burkina Faso and Kenya. BMJ Sex Reprod Health. 2021 Feb 12:bmjsrh-2020-200944. doi: 10.1136/bmjsrh-2020-200944.
- Karp C, Wood SN, Galadanci H, et al. 'I am the master key that opens and locks': Presentation and application of a conceptual framework for women's and girls' empowerment in reproductive health. Soc Sci Med. 2020;258:113086. doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2020.113086
- Moreau C, Karp C, Wood SN, et al. Reconceptualizing Women's and Girls' Empowerment: A Cross-Cultural Index for Measuring Progress Toward Improved Sexual and Reproductive Health. Int Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2020;46:187-198. Published 2020 Oct 5. doi:10.1363/46e9920