Carl Latkin, PhD, conducts biobehavioral interventions for disadvantaged communities, with a focus on social networks, substance use, infectious diseases, and mental health.
Experiences & Accomplishments
- Latkin CA, Knowlton AR. Social Network Assessments and Interventions for Health Behavior Change: A Critical Review. Behav Med. 2015;41(3):90-7. Latkin CA, Davey-Rothwell MA, Knowlton AR, Alexander KA, Williams CT, Boodram B. Social network approaches to recruitment, HIV prevention, medical care, and medication adherence. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2013 Jun 1;63
- Latkin C, Dayton L, Yi G, Jaleel A, Nwosu C, Limaye R. COVID-19 vaccine delay: An examination of United States residents' intention to delay vaccine uptake. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2021 May 20:1-11. Latkin CA, Dayton L, Strickland JC, Colon B, Rimal R, Boodram B. An Assessment of the Rapid Decline of Trust in US Sources of Public Information about COVID-19. J Health Commun. 2020 Oct 2;25(10):764-773. Latkin CA, Dayton L, Yi G, Colon B, Kong X. Mask usage, social distancing, racial, and gender correlates of COVID-19 vaccine intentions among adults in the US. PLoS One. 2021 Feb 16;16(2):e0246970. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0246970. Latkin CA, Dayton L, Yi G, Konstantopoulos A, Boodram B. Trust in a COVID-19 vaccine in the U.S.: A social-ecological perspective. Soc Sci Med. 2021 Feb;270:113684. doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2021.113684.
- Latkin CA, Dayton L, Davey-Rothwell MA, Tobin KE. Fentanyl and Drug Overdose: Perceptions of Fentanyl Risk, Overdose Risk Behaviors, and Opportunities for Intervention among People who use Opioids in Baltimore, USA. Subst Use Misuse. 2019;54(6):998-1006.\ Latkin CA, Gicquelais RE, Clyde C, Dayton L, Davey-Rothwell M, German D, Falade-Nwulia S, Saleem H, Fingerhood M, Tobin K. Stigma and drug use settings as correlates of self-reported, non-fatal overdose among people who use drugs in Baltimore, Maryland. Int J Drug Policy. 2019 Jun;68:86-92.
- Latkin CA, Edwards C, Davey-Rothwell MA, Yang C, Tobin KE. The relationship between drug use settings, roles in the drug economy, and witnessing a drug overdose in Baltimore, Maryland. Subst Abus. 2018;39(3):384-389. doi: 10.1080/08897077.2018.1439801.
- Latkin CA, Kennedy RD, Davey-Rothwell MA, Tseng TY, Czaplicki L, Baddela A, Edwards C, Chander G, Moran MB, Knowlton AR. The Relationship Between Neighborhood Disorder and Barriers to Cessation in a Sample of Impoverished Inner-City Smokers in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. Nicotine Tob Res. 2018 Nov 15;20(12):1451-1456.