Sachini Bandara, PhD ’18, MS, studies how public health policies can improve wellbeing for people who use drugs, have mental illness, or are involved in the carceral system.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Bandara S, Kennedy-Hendricks A, Merritt S, Barry CL, Saloner B. (2020) Early Effects of COVID-19 on Programs Providing Medications for Opioid Use Disorder in Jails and Prisons. Journal of Addiction Medicine. 14(5) e257-260.
- Bandara SN, McGinty EE, Barry CL. (2020) Message Framing to Reduce Stigma and Increase Support for Policies to Improve the Wellbeing of People with Prior Drug Convictions. International Journal of Drug Policy. 76: 102643.
- Bandara SN, Kennedy-Hendricks A, Stuart EA, Barry CL, Abrams MT, Daumit GL, McGinty EE. (2020) The Effect of the Maryland Medicaid Health Home Program on Emergency Department and Inpatient Utilization Among Individuals with Serious Mental Illness. General Hospital Psychiatry. 64:99-104
- Bandara SN, Daumit GL, Kennedy-Hendricks A, Linden S, Choksy S, McGinty EE. (2018) Mental Health Providers' Attitudes about Criminal Justice-Involved Clients with Serious Mental Illness. Psychiatric Services, 69(4), 472-475.
- Bandara SN, Huskamp HA, Riedel LE, McGinty EE, Webster DW, Toone RE, Barry CL. (2015) Leveraging the Affordable Care Act to Enroll Justice-Involved Populations in Medicaid: State and Local Efforts. Health Affairs, 34(12) 2044-2051. https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2015.0668.