School of Medicine
Malaria; Clinical pharmacology; Clinical trials; Tropical diseases
Experiences & Accomplishments
The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Honors & Awards
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society Clinical Research Scholars Program (KL2) Burroughs Wellcome Fund-ASTMH Postdoctoral Fellowship in Tropical Infectious Diseases
- Ippolito M, Kamavu L, Kabuya J, Tente C, Wapachole M, Chileshe E, Thuma P, Muleba M, Chaponda M, Mulenga M, Moss WJ. “Risk factors for mortality in children hospitalized with severe malaria in northern Zambia: a retrospective case-control study.” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 2018 Jun;98(6):1699-1704.
- Ippolito M, Johnson J, Mullin C, Mallow C, Morgan N, Wallender E, Li T, Rosenthal P. “The relative impact of artemether-lumefantrine compared to non-artemisinin antimalarials on gametocyte carriage and transmission of falciparum malaria: a systematic-review and meta-analysis.” Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2017;65(3):486-494.
- Bakshi R, Tatham L, Savage A, Tripathi A, Mlambo G, Ippolito M, Nenortas B, Rannard S, Owen A, Shapiro TA. “Long-acting injectable atovaquone nanomedicines for malaria prophylaxis.” Nature Communications. 2018;9(1):315.
- Ippolito M, Huang L, Siame M, Thuma P, Shapiro TA, Aweeka FT. “Semi-quantitative measurement of the antimalarial lumefantrine from untreated dried blood spots using LC-MS/MS.” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2018;155:241-246.
- Ippolito M, Searle KM, Hamapumbu H, Shields TM, Stevenson J, Thuma P, Moss WJ. “House structure is associated with Plasmodium falciparum parasitemia in a low-transmission setting in southern Zambia.” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 2017;97(5):1561-1567.
Severe malaria outcomes
Southern and Central Africa International Centers of Excellence for Malaria Research